Wednesday, February 8, 2012

3 Letters

Dear Judge,
As I was driving yesterday, I happened to make the mistake of going over the speed limit. I wanted to apologize for my actions. As it is my fourth ticket of the month, I will likely have my license revoked. As I was headed to my weekly visit to read to underprivileged children, I mistook the speed limit of the road by 5 MPH. I truly apologize. My actions were not out of blatant spite, but out of pure and honest mistake. I understand I am not above the law and my actions deserve punishment, but please show some mercy. If my license is revoked, I will not be able to make my weekly shift at the soup kitchen, recatalog the library shelves, and bring joy to the elderly. I respect you and your decision, however. Thank you for taking the time to read this and consider what I have said.
Sincerely and apologetically,
Jeff Wray

Dear Mommy,
The underprivileged kids love the books you sent! I've read them Clifford hundreds of times. Not much else is new here. School is just more easy A's. I'm dating a girl and you should have grandchildren by the end of the year! Oh, something did happen though. I got a minor speeding ticket on my way to read, but it seems like nothing. The judge might even let me off. No need to worry, your son is safe and it'll all work out. Let me know how the scrapbook turned out!
With so much love,
Jeff

Homies!
We've got a problem. I got ANOTHER ticket, and this one could mean the end of my license. I know you all love our weekly In-n-Out runs, so I'd love it if you guys could help me out. I'd forever be grateful. I was just a bit over the limit on my way to the library, the policeman seemed biased and unfair. We all know how power-hungry policeman can get. Please help me out, guys. If we all band together, I think we can take down the man and his system. We can fight!
Thanks so much,
Jeff

5 comments:

  1. I thought that your letter to the Judge was very respectful,I like the whole soup kitchen, library, and elderly deal. Its bound to bring some mercy haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no better way to get sympathy than by saying you got your ticket while going to help underprivileged kids. Good work. But, so you're getting married in the next month? Congrats. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how most people's I have read chose to talk about how they were doing service when they got pulled over. I liked what you said to your mom about the book and made it way chill like nothing happened ha. Nice playing the "mistake" card with the judge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Underprivileged children, huh? There is no way that Judge will be able to resist, he/she'll have to give your license back! Plus all the other charitable events you volunteer for? That letter tugs at my heart strings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job mentioning your service and extracurricular activities to the judge. I think it's also a good tactic to acknowledge that you did something wrong. This will make it more likely for the judge to listen to you. Over all, nice work!

    ReplyDelete